Sooo Sloooowwwwwww.........

Reaction score
devon, england....by the sea and lovin it
Your Mac's Specs
mini OS X
my Mini is about 3-4 yrs old and of late is so slow, the disk keeps s apinning round n around.
I got tired of typing pseudoperiodic etc so use Mac janitor to do this frequently. I also googled the prob ie is there any any 'housekeeping' i should be doing-i got something i have now forgotten to type into the startup screen but thiis made no difference either. I've scanned forviruses..no help. his may sound thick .....but am i missin something. Help appreciated. PLEASE

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is your Mini one of the early G4 Mini's? Does it grind all the time trying to load applications with the Rainbow busy cursor staying on for a long time?

Do you still have the Install Media that came with the Mini? If so run the Apple Hardware Test off the install DVD. See if anything comes up. The one I have that had those symptoms was the Hard Drive dying. The AHT will tell you if that is the case.

OP
W
Reaction score
devon, england....by the sea and lovin it
Your Mac's Specs
mini OS X
it is a G4 but i don't know if its an early one or not. I will try to dig out the installation DVD and run it
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Install the free utility MainMenu and run all the cleanup and maintenance tasks. Periodically I just go down the entire list of things that it has and run them all. seems to clean up and make things run much better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.