mac os slowdown with bootcamp

RCh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 2GHz C2D 3Gb RAM 160 HDD; Macbook 2.2GHz; 4Gb RAM 160 HDD
Hello everyone!
It seems this was not discussed before...

I experience strange behavior of Mac OS after installing windows XP home on a bootcamp partition.

The Windows itself runs at lightning speed, however (1) the boot time (the grey screen) increased considerably; (2) The Mac OS becomes really slow (and I mean SLOW - the UI response, program launch time, everything). After erasing the Win partition everything returned to order.

While I can justify first point, I can't really understand why it impacts so negatively the native OS.
First, I thought it was a problem of BootCamp being a beta (tried it under Tiger). I erased the partition and decided to wait for Leopard. Installed Leopard + 10.5.1 - same problem.

I have an iMac '17 with 2Gb RAM and 120 Gb hdd free AFTER creation of 25Gb Win partition.

Did enyone experienced the same? Any ideas how to deal with that (other then buying a dedicated Win machine)?

Thanks!

RC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
No reason why BC/ partitioning the disk should slow down the performance. I am having 3+1(ext) partitions running different OSs. I have not faced any issue absolutely so far

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yea, I did not noticed a speed decrease when I installed windows on my computer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.