newbie pls help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook & ipod
hi all,
my husband just bought me my first and only macbook for xmas, and i'm having a hard time trying to navigate through. ;D ..i have a program that i'm trying to install on my macbook now called PROSERIES 2007 (it's a tax program for work) and when i input the CD-ROM, its asking for me to choose an application to run the program...i'm trying to install, not run it off another application....any suggestions? am i able to install outside programs on a mac? :Oops:

any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thx,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
Well I looked up the ProSeries site and I think you are out of luck unfortunately. It looks to be a Window platform only program so in order to run it you will need to install Windows using BootCamp or Parallels. I'm not to sure it will run on VMWare or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
Sounds like it is a Windows CD - can you open the CD and does it show exe files? If so the advice above is good, use BootCamp and install XP Service Pack 2 or Vista.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook & ipod
i'm a bit concerned about downloading Bootcamp or any other large programs on my new mac...i dont want to ruin it in anyway, have you heard of any problems ppl have had when they download windows?:eek:

thank you for your advice, i truly appreciate it! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
If you have Leopard on your Mac then you already have BootCamp, but you will need a copy of Windows XP (service pack 2) or Vista as well, you cannot download unless you do that illegally and you will not get any help with that here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.