• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Junk Food: Whats your favorite?

Reaction score
Well M-F,

I'll admit, im a junk food junkie.
Its annoying at times,
At 6ft/170lbs,
Its time for me to cut back on junk;D
Don't worry, its ALL muscle.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.
Not at all.

Anyways,

I can't really decide what my FAVORITE junk food item is, but id rather have something salty/buttery than chocolate.But im also a BIG ice cream fan (my favorite is strawberry, but i havent had it in a LONG time)

Last night i had mackinac island fudge, with nestcafe mocha sause, and hot cocoa powder! I loooveeee it.

Tonight im having 2 soft pretzels (i LOVE them).

I think my FAVORITE would have to be french fries/chicken strips from burger king. Ohhhhh man. I dont have it much though-which makes it all the more desireable.....but at least i have an iced tea with it to at least make it a TINY TINY TINY bit healthy.
LOL.

I could talk about food for hours......lol.

But i have been making some healthier alternatives for some of this junk (although not at all over holidays)

FOr example,
Ice cream-
well, since my FAVORITE ice cream is strawberry (nobody else in my family likes it so we dont buy it),

I buy those bags of frozen strawberries (unsweetened-although its sweet tasting to me!), and have some light whipped cream.
YUM! IMO its better than ice cream.

And I don't really consider it junk food!
There is only 150 calories in the WHOLE bag of frozen strawberries!
And a bag lasts me like 5 days if i have some every night, which i dont really.

Its SOOOOO GOOD! We are currently out. :(

LOL, im getting lost in food conversation.......a typical american!;D

Anyway,

What do YOU like to indulge in food wise?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
well I loveeeee junk food Ime not fat (I dont have a clue how not probably because I am constantly doing sport sept for now of corse ;))
any way lets start with my fav's Mc donalds, KFC, Subway the whole lot also the take away's Chinese, pizza's. Any way other all my bestist junkfood is the big mac :D dont think you can beat that.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
LOL.
Big mac, how ironic.
My grandfathers name was Mac and he loved Big Macs.....he didnt live long enough to own a Apple Mac though!
lol.

i will always be a die hard french fry addict though lol.

k3s

Reaction score
Occasionally ill have some junk food.
My favorites are french fries i would have to say.
Pretty much nothing else.
Im not big on sweets, nor chocolate. But i also consider my self a connoisseur of carbonated sodas (not the mass produced soda, the kind youll hardly find in stores. )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Burgers, Fries, Chocolate, Diet Pepsi, and Popcorn.
:(

Reaction score
Anything that looks delicious but probably isn't good for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Originally Posted by Martin.
Anything that looks delicious but probably isn't good for you.

I could not have said it better! :)

Agreed. I stay away from junk food in general. I feel much better and keep my weight in control when I don't eat Junk food.

My only vice is an In-N-Out burger once in a while if I am a good boy and eat healthy. People in California should know what In-N-Out is.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
I try to stay away from it all too, or at least do some healthy improvising.

Im not saying it works though ;)

ALthough back in september i joined a voluntary marching band-
Drills/marching/playing/all 3 at once in 90 degree weather (back when it was 90 degrees) 5 days out of the week for 70 minutes-i must say i lost like 5lbs.
But its winter, and that insulation keeps me warm now ;)

My mother had the lap band thing on august 14th.
She didnt really want/need it badly, she has SEVERE arthritus in her knees and got it so she would be otherwise as healthy as a horse when she gets bilateral knee replacements. They want her to be REALLY healthy because she has to get them and shes still kinda young and they dont want them to wear and have to be replaced.
She has lost about 70lbs since then, her and I meet up and work out a couple times a week.

Everyone else in my family is getting REALLY overweight, because they take after my father, who eats/watches tv, and doesnt care about what he looks like (i have reason to believe he doesnt brush his teeth much either).

So now my kid 12 year old brother is following in his foot steps--he is in a 38 inch waist!! at 12 years old! To be fair though, he likes his clothes REALLY loose. But still he has gained quite a bit of weight-he was always the skinny one, my middle brother was, well, middle weight wise even though we are about the same height. I was always the heavy older brother.
Now its the opposite. I would rather be the heavy one though-at least i would be able to have the will to lose weight-odds are they will stay like that and get bigger for the rest of their life because they take after my dad.
They went to the dentist yesterday-my youngest brother (who is most like my dad) has SIX cavities in 5 months! I thought my mother was kidding when she called me. Nope. Thats horrendous for a 12 year old IMO. He needs braces, and i have had braces when i was younger, and my mother isnt getting the braces until he takes better care of his teeth- and i told him that, and he said "FINE, ill just NEVER brush my teeth again!"
Well, after the dentist trip sounds like hes making good on that.
Well, if there is a lesson here,
its either A) Monkey see monkey do. Like father like son. Parents-Do right, your kids are always watching.
or B) Just because your father is fat and smokes and doesnt take care of his teeth doesnt make it a good excuse for you to be the same way.
I'm glad my mother and I are making good choices though, i hope the rest of them will follow. But their call. Although this is horrible to say- to some level i like that im not the really fat older brother anymore-all the times they teased me-well karma works like that.
I woulnt tease them though like they did me, im older and i know better.

Anyway, im really ranting, and getting off topic,
BACK TO JUNK FOOD CONVERSATION. LOL.

But i would take iced tea over soda any day-not the powder crap though, the real tea.
Although its a pain to brew because it cant brew in cold water,
yet somehow people do it! i never figured out how without waiting hours,
ill have to start a thread on that....lol, maybe some M-F members drink tea!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I generally don't eat junk food.

I don't like chocolate, nor candy in general (I have a couple weak points, but I still only eat a little of it before I start feeling like crap). I haven't eaten fast food in 7-8 years. I don't drink pop (the occasional root beer, but very seldom). I'm not a big ice cream fan.

Of course, I'm 5' 10" and 130...so I guess it wouldn't hurt to eat a little more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Agreed. I stay away from junk food in general. I feel much better and keep my weight in control when I don't eat Junk food.

My only vice is an In-N-Out burger once in a while if I am a good boy and eat healthy. People in California should know what In-N-Out is.

Everybody knows what In-N-Out Burger is.

Mine is probably skyline cheese coneys. I from Cincinnati and if you've ever been and had them you'll know their pretty much the best food on the planet.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
6 foot and 170lbs is not fat. i wish i was anywhere near under 200 (at almost 6'1"). ;)

i think my worst junk food addiction is potato chips. most other things i normally snack on i can either do in moderation or aren't that bad anyway.

but i love potato chips, especially hot ones, habenero, jalepeno (no cheddar added, thanks), and target has these ones they just call "hot and spicy" that are fantastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Firstly I am skinny - really. Not too thin but I can eat loads and never put on much weight.

That said I only eat Burger King meals once every 2 months at best. I think a bacon double cheeseburger is my favourite

Tonight after reading this thread I am cooking pie and mash, proper Cockney fast food.

I also love French Fries (we call then Chips) and Chips (Brits call them Crisps)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.

I'd kill for an In-and-Out burger up here in oregon. I miss those so bad.
My main junk food is ice cream. I am trying to scale back on everything though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
That's not true.

Well I'm from Cincinnati and have never been to the West Coast and I don't consider In-N-Out Burger to be a secret.

Now I would be surprised if people on here know about skyline coneys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
I love cornettos (EU Ice Cream) and Pizza Hut Ham Pizza

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.