Wanting to update to Leopard

Reaction score
So i've been using my Mac for awhile. Had some 'yays' and some 'boos'.

The 'yays', come from the ease of

The 'boos', of course, come from my attempts at making my 15" Macbook pro jump through the hoops I want. Mainly; games.

I recently made the poor decision in getting Parallels, only to discover that it won't run the latest in games. The biggest bummer so far. makes me yearn for the days of Windows, wondering if a Mac was really worth the $2500 is cost. So I thought, 'wait. Boot Camp!" Nope. Turns out that Apple discontinued their beta to after Leopard's release. Today, a guy at school said he could get me a copy of Boot Camp for free, legally. However, I don't want to mess with anymore shady characters and I don't even recall what version it is.

So Apple currently has the offer of recent Mac buyers upgrade to 10.5 for a small fee. I'm ready too. I don't quite care about However, I must ask.

If I installed Leopard, would it delete all the information and crap I have on on my current OS? Would I have to reinstall all my crap; like Microsoft Office for Mac and that lying Parallels? And would Boot Camp even work for what I need it to, with no slowdowns. (given all the crap I have on here)

Reaction score
Depends on how you install it. If you did the archive and install option it won't delete most of your stuff. If you have application enhancer you'll want to delete that as its caused problems. An erase and install seems to be the best way though. From what I've read most people who have had problems did not do a full wipe and install of Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
AFAIK, Leopard does not come with iLife and iWorks so you will have to install those if you do a full wipe and install of Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.