Simply, Mac Games.

AMG

Reaction score
Mac OS X Version 10.5.1
2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB Ram (upgraded from 1GB)

Where is the best place to find simple MAC Games? I just bought my MacBook and it will be primarily used for work; CS3. However, I would like to have a few simple games that won't test the limits of my weak integrated graphics card and will just give me a little break when I'm not working. Thanks Guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Online games or proper games

OP
A

AMG

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but just to clarify, what are "proper" games? I am looking for a game or two to download or buy for the computer, I won't have internet access when traveling, so I'm trying to get a few games onto the HD.

As a point of reference, games like the original Tycoon series are very fun/addicting and won't push the graphics at the least bit. On a side note, is there any SAFE online sites to download games?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
you can download fun flash games. Against forum rules to say where you can get/find cd games.

i find the sims 2 very good. look for macsoft they are very good at porting games over.

OP
A

AMG

Reaction score
Thank You again.

I'll check that out.

EDIT: Zoo Tycoon 2! 10+ yrs too old, but just as fun! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Snood is a VERY good game, have been playing it for a long time and still love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Check out popcap games, you might like some of those

OP
A

AMG

Reaction score
Snood is a VERY good game, have been playing it for a long time and still love it.

Snood is a great game for killing time. Are there places to download games like this?

What do you guys think of Zoo Tycoon 2?

Stretch said:
Check out popcap games, you might like some of those

Sorry to be so lost, but what are "popcap" games and where do I find these?

I appreciate all of your quick responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I've been using GameTap for a couple of weeks now, it works very well with my Mini. There is a lot of variety although most are old games.

OP
A

AMG

Reaction score
lot of good flash games here:

http://www.kongregate.com

including one of my favorite time wasters, desktop tower defense

Looks like fun. One more question for a new user as myself, what is a "flash game" and what makes it different then any other game? I'm assuming that you need internet access when you want to play a flash game?

Sorry for the basic questions guys, but I just don't want to load my computer with any "junk".

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Looks like fun. One more question for a new user as myself, what is a "flash game" and what makes it different then any other game? I'm assuming that you need internet access when you want to play a flash game?

yes, you do need internet access to play flash games, but since they don't technically install themselves on your computer they don't have to be OS specific, nor do they take up any disk space - maybe a little in the browser cache, but that's it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.