Lacie External Hard Drive Sharing on Leopard

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help...

I'm trying to share my Lacie USB External Hard Drive which is connected to my Macbook (Leopard) and I need to connect to it from 2 other Macbooks (Leopards).

We are all on the same network and we can each connect to our Public folders but am unable to see the Lacie Drive in Finder??

I've turned on file sharing and have selected to share the Lacie Drive...

But still can't see it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You can see your public folder only? Cause to access any other parts of the machines, you need to login with a userID, preferably administrator. In the sidebar, click the mac with lacie. Then hit "Connect As" in the right side of the window.

Alternatively, you could right-click finder icon in the dock. Then hit Connect to server. Enter the ip address of the mac and hit connect.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your reply...

I've managed to get the Hard Drive on the network and at this point all macs can access it through Samba - however I need to access the drive on Pc's as well any ideas how to do this as I really can't figure it out...

Many many many thanks.

Reaction score
i had a similar problem.

you need to format the hard drive to a FAT format. You can do this in disc utilities. You will loose all data, but after you format it, mac and windows both work with this format.

Also, in file sharing you will need to select options then select afp file sharing, and change everyone, to read and write.

when you get onto your window pc, you select add a network place, then when it asks you for a adress, type in your LAN ip adress for you pc, for example

\\192.168.1.9\ i think ;) you lan ip will be different

ps. i dont know what a lacie drive is, but this worked with my western digital firewire HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.