UPS for Imac

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. In my area during the night the power can go off several times a night for several seconds and then come back on, forcing my computer to turn off. I am looking into the possiblity of buying a UPS (battery backup) so my Imac will stay on during the short power outage. I have the 20' imac, and DO NOT WANT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY on it.

Can anyone recommend a cheap UPS that will work for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hi Everyone. In my area during the night the power can go off several times a night for several seconds and then come back on, forcing my computer to turn off. I am looking into the possiblity of buying a UPS (battery backup) so my Imac will stay on during the short power outage. I have the 20' imac, and DO NOT WANT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY on it.

Can anyone recommend a cheap UPS that will work for me.

UPS Category:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=72&name=UPS

A UPS for about $32:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842117003

OP
A
Reaction score
Ups

does anyone know how many VA's I would need to buy. I wouldn't need long-term battery backup..just something that will work for a few minutes till power comes back on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Almost any UPS will survive a few minutes. Plan for 30-45 minutes without power costs about $75 CDN. Don't cut the corner too tight on costs. One saved repair is prevented by using a UPS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.