Mail Keeps QUITTING!!! ARGH!! HELP!

Reaction score
Suddenly everytime I try to open a message to read it mail quits. It appears to download the message fine but then when I try to open in ZING, spinning wheel of death.

I have tried reinstalling mail from my leopard disk but this did not help. I did a disk scan and found no problems. Is there something wrong with my folder settings. This is making me crazy....

M

MacHeadCase

Hi nitnewbie.

We can't really help you right now, you haven't posted any specs for the Macintosh or the exact OS X version (10.5.0? 10.5.1?) you're using so post more info and we'll see what we can find.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try booting from the Leopard disc, go to utilities, Verify disk and then run Repair Permissions from there. It takes a long long time so be patient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 PPC Dual 2 gig 6gig ram 10.5.3 and a G4 Mirror Door dual 1.25 2 gig ram
Nitnewbie. I have the same problem, but Mail in a new account works, have you tried that? It is a pain though. Also, I was advised to download a freeware programme call Preferential Treatment, as this is my second ever post I don't how to send it as a link, but search and it'll come straight up. I would be interested in the result on your machine as my scan was OK. My Mac was so well behaved until 10.5.4 (G4 Mirror Dual 1.25)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.