Front Row problem

Reaction score
i just switched from PC to Mac and i am loving it. There is one problem i have run into though. I was watching a video in Front Row when the system 'froze'. I did what Apple advised when something like this happened, and tried all the options. None of them worked. I resorted last to just pressing the power button until it shut off. I did this, restarted it, and played another DVD in Front Row. Now every time I play a dvd, as soon as I put it in and Front Row recognizes it, it automatically gives me an option list of 'Resume Playing, Eject Disc, etc.' before the dvd has even started playing! I click 'play from beginning' and i hear the sound, but no video appears! This happens with every DVD. Can anyone help me? This is the only problem i have had with my Macbook Pro and i would very much like to fix it!!! I have a 2.2GHz Macbook Pro with an Nvidio GeForce 8600 with 128 MB VRAM. i have 2 gigs of RAM. thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Do you have any other videos you can try watching through Front Row?
You can also watch Video_TS folders through Front Row. Just put the folder or the alias (shortcut) in the Movies folder. Open Front Row and it should detect them automatically.
If you don't have a Video_TS folder to test or an .mp4 video to test, you could download MacTheRipper or Handbrake and rip/ encode one of your own. Of course, legally speaking, it'd have to be a unencrypted DVD to rip or encode.

OP
rianm7
Reaction score
apple remote problem

ive found out now that the DVD will play in Front Row, but every time i start playing a movie in front row it immediately gives me that option list 'Resume Playing, Start from Beginning, Eject Disc, etc.' when i press 'DVD Menu' with my apple remote, it gives me the DVD menu. the problem is now that i cant use the apple remote to scroll through the dvd menu options, like the episode list or something like that. i think i should just reinstall Front Row, but im not sure how. i would really like to get this problem fixed, so if anyone can help that would be great!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.