Iphone as MP3 alarm clock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
any ideas guys? this is the only real thing i feel the iphone is missing, besides clean running software.

id like to wake up to a specific song, or a playlist of songs, any ideas?

im jailbroken on 1.1.1, if that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Sorry, I am not a Jailbreaker. Are you able to use your own, personally made, ringtones with that version of Jailbreak? If so, make your own full length ringtone from a music file using GarageBand and make the alarm that song.
I had made a 30 second clip from iTunes and used it as my alarm.

Or, you could buy one of those iPod alarm docks and that should do the trick. I would think you could make it start playing music when the alarm goes off.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
personal ringers have a 40 second limit from what i have tested in the past. tonight they seem to go forever, good news

still like playlist shuffling for an alarm clock, would be nice!!!

Reaction score
Yep, this is now possible due to changes in the 3.0 SDK. First up, as far as I know, AlarmTunes:

iTunes-20090714-213309.jpg

iTunes Store

One downside to this app is that you can't exit it (by hitting the Home button) or else it won't work. You have to launch it, then let the iPhone go to sleep on it's own (or turn it "off" the iPhone with the sleep/wake button on top.)

That's a pretty big issue if you're relying on this alarm to wake you up. One wrong button press and you disable the alarm? :(

There needs to be some API that allows for tiny apps like this to work. Or some changes to the SDK. Some backgrounding, please?

If not, man, I'd really like it if Apple's own clock app let you set any song in your library as a wakeup sound. The stock sound effects they offer you are horrible to wake up to, and I don't want to have to "create a ringtone" just to use a song as an alarm. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
lol there is only 2 buttons....lol

Reaction score
There's a couple of apps that do this.

Alarm Tunes
AudioVisual Alarm Clock
Music Alarm Clock
Playlist Alarm Clock
Alarm Clock (Digital LED)

- Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I have hard awakening and it works good. But I bought a iHome a few days ago it cost $59 but I got it for $36 love working for best buy we get great discounts on products.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.