Mail - Changing sender name

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core2Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.4.11 120GB Intel GMA 950 (2007)
Hey,

I was wondering if it were possible to send emails and have the recipient see a different name or address of the sender. I would like to have certain people receive emails from certain names, or companies, etc...I had a program to do it ages ago on my PC, I was hoping Mail would be able to pull it off.

Thanks a lot!
Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Just set up different mail accounts in Mail Preferences but the addresses will still be the same. Sounds a bit dodgy that companies bit.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Just set up different mail accounts in Mail Preferences but the addresses will still be the same. Sounds a bit dodgy that companies bit.

Nah, if you are running a home business it'd be better for your clients to have email in their Inbox from "HB Consulting, LLC" than a personal name or a nickname they might not recognize...I don't think he means sending email from "Apple" or "PayPal."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 PPC 1 GHZ 1.25 GB RAM
My ISP, Cox Cable Omaha, allows multiple usernames within one ISP account. However all accounts show [email protected]. So, I could have [email protected], for example, provided that villageidiot was not already used within cox.net as a username.

OP
Division.Bell
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core2Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.4.11 120GB Intel GMA 950 (2007)
Thanks for the help, I'll try setting up another account.
And don't worry, I'm just trying to be professional, not dodgy. Anyway, thanks again for the responses!

Robert

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.