Verizon High Speed Internet Access

Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing a Verizon DSL plan, and there are two options. This computer needs to run fast because it will be used for online classes, so is the Starter Plan of 768 kbps/128 kbps enough to get it done, or will I need the plan that is 3 Mbps/768 Kbps.

Is the extra money per month worth it? And if you have Verizon, how would you rate their service?

Reaction score
Hey efs120. If you post the price of each i could better answer your question... but i can say that I had Verizon for years. Um, good points, I could get an English speaking tech support person any time of the day or night, any day of the year. I rarely had issues; the hardware basically collected dust.

On the other hand, I now have Comcast and freakin love it. It's cheap, really fast, and talk about not having issues. Install Wizard, bam. Welcome to the internet. It's been great. Does that help?>

OP
E
Reaction score
Well, the one with less power is 14.99/mo and the other is 29.99/mo for one year.

Comcast is certainly an option since we get cable from them, but my concern is that they give you cheap prices for 6 months and then jack them up a great deal.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
note: moved to the correct forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Comcast is certainly an option since we get cable from them, but my concern is that they give you cheap prices for 6 months and then jack them up a great deal.
Read the fine print to make sure. This usually happens they offer you an introductory price for a couple of months then give you the regular price after.

Reaction score
Problems Installing Verizon High Speed Internet

This message is not in the right place. It should be not be a reply, but should be a new thread. I can't figure how to make new thread, so I posted it as a reply. If one of the moderators could move it, I'd be most appreciative! Thanks.
-------
How do you install Verizon High Speed Internet? So far, browser access to net works as well as receiving mail. But:

1. I can't send mail.
2. I can't run the installer. So far, I've downloaded Verizon.dmg, which:
a. runs VerizonWG
b. which says Double Click to install:
Verizon High Speed Internet Installer.app
3. When I double click on the .app, I get another window, with heading
"Verizon High Speed Internet Installer".
4. This latter window, has a circle a the bottom which is stuck at 0%

Please help! Thanks.

Reaction score
verizon installer

dkknj,

The verizon high-speed installer does not work properly on Mac OS X. I had the exact same problem. The installer downloads lots of software which you don't need. You can skip this. The one thing it does do is set up your verizon.net email account. I had to call Verizon and have them manually do this for me. When I told them I was on a Mac and didn't have a Windows machine, they seemed to know exactly what to do. So they know about this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I have the Verizon FIOS internet and TV service, and it definitely runs laps around Comcast in terms fo speed. We used to have Comcast, and Verizon is significantly faster. I deal with he bills at my house, but we have internet, TV, and phone through them, so we get a discount. You really don't need the Verizon installer, as long as you know encryption key that's given with the router, you're fine. Unless it's different for DSL subscribers, i'm not sure then. I heard that all that installer does is give you McAfee, which isn't that great anyways, and i doubt they give away a Mac version.

Reaction score
I also have faced the same problem 2 months ago with Verizon internet connection. then i changed my connection because i faced the problems of not sending mails, in uploading files takes lots of time and many more.

Now i have Hughes Net, it is the broadband internet access solution that's available everywhere and also at any weather conditions. Its two-way satellite technology to give a super fast speed, always on Internet connection so there's no more dialing-up, logging on or waiting around.

I am sure it will also helpful to you. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.