Mac newbie-help with iphoto needed

Reaction score
Just made the switch from windows to the the new macbook and having a little trouble with something. On my old win xp system I kept a folder on my desktop called 'online images'. I work in fashion design and kept any fashion related images that I saw online in it, right clicking and saving to this folder as I went along, it became a useful reference and one I was continually adding to.

Now I'm on the mac, I transferred the 'online images' folder over, it's now stored in my Iphoto library and looks fantastic. However, now, as I search the web on my shiny new macbook and find images I want to save things seem a little more tricky.

Basically, I want to be able to save an image from the web directly into my 'online images' folder in iphoto in the simplest way possible, is there any way to do it directly without having to fire up iphoto? I love being able to just drag an image from the web onto my desktop but it would be great if I could just throw it into my 'online images' event on iphoto without having to do it in several moves.

Sorry for the long explanation, hope it makes sense, all suggestions welcome..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What you could do is set up an Automator action that will import the contents of that "Online Images" folder to iPhoto and then empty the folder to the trash. I'm not very experienced with using Automator, but I know you can at least make an action that you can just run yourself periodically. I don't believe you can make an action that is "always on" and constantly waiting for a new picture to arrive in the folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
If I were me doing that I would move/export my "online images" folder to the desktop. I wouldn't use iPhoto to view the images. I would just use finder with quick view and preview for the folder. Then you can add all you want and view them right then. But that's just me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.