What are the steps to save a Publisher file as a PDF?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Someone is sending me a Publisher file that of course I can't open. :)

I don't think she is very computer literate, so what are the steps I should tell her to take to save it as a PDF so I can see it? FYI, she will be sending me stuff on a regular basis and it goes to a bunch of other people. It is someone I'm doing work for and I don't think I'm in a position to ask her to use another program....

Thanks!

M

MacHeadCase

Does your friend have a Mac? If she does, she can go into pretty much any application in Tiger and go to Print -> Click on the PDF button -> Save as PDF.

See screenie below.

P.S.: Howdy Becky! :)

print_pdf.png

M

MacHeadCase

Publisher is Windoze-only?!? LOL That trick I gave you won't work then, Becky. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
This someone I work for. She's in an agency and I work with one of their clients (I'm a mentor). I have no idea what she's using as far as software, but I know for sure she has a PC. :) She told me about it. Plus she's using publisher which is PC only.

I think I figured out what to do. I realized Pub is on my DH's machine. I went in, opened the file and saved it as a PDF via Print. Fast and easy. Then I emailed it to myself. Opened right up on my MB. All she's sending is a calendar. So I emailed her directions on how to do it and explained that some people, even PC owners *gasp* don't have Pub, and that a PDF is more universally accessible. We'll see if she goes for it.

Thanks Everyone!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
A free PDF converter software can be downloaded from sourceforge.com.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.