ufs ntfs-fuse or fat32

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
does anyone have any experience using these filesystems?

I'm dual-booting osx tiger and t2 (a linux distro). I created a separate partition for /home and I want to have read/write access from both os's. unfortunately, t2 doesn't support case-sensitive hfs+.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Avoid FAT32 at all costs... it has many limitations and is just an awful file system. I'm using MacFUSE with NTFS-3G on OS X to read/write to my Windows partition and it works great here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Avoid FAT32 at all costs... it has many limitations and is just an awful file system. I'm using MacFUSE with NTFS-3G on OS X to read/write to my Windows partition and it works great here.

I don't find anything wrong with fat32. (almost anything reads it)
I would not put an os on it though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
FAT32 gets increasingly slower and inefficient with drive sizes larger than 32Gb for starters. It doesn't have some security features that NTFS offers. It's far more susceptible to file corruptions. In my experience... I had an external drive formatted in FAT32. If that drive wasn't "ejected" properly before it was disconnected, the next time I connected it I see nothing but gobbledy-gook on it (though after a couple proper ejects and reconnects it'd seemed to have fixed itself).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.