Please help me find a specific iPhone case!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Hi, I need a case for work. I do custom designed kitchens and bathrooms and I'm working with tools all the time. I want something that's gonna be protective. I would also prefer something with a holster that can be clipped on to my belt or whatever. And I want to be able to answer the phone when it's in the case. The closest thing I've found to what I need is the OtterBox Defender (http://www.otterbox.com/products/ipod_cases/iphone_case/). This one is pretty nice but I would like to hear if there are any other options that I don't know of. Help me out! Thanks.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I would take a look at the Speck ToughSkin (http://www.speckproducts.com/products/toughskin/iphone/93). It's what I use when I am going to be a little more active than normal. Thick rubber skin for protecting against drops (all edges/surfaces are protected from impact), and the beltclip holster will accept the case/phone combo face in or face out, depending if you want to protect the screen or see who's calling before removing the phone. It works very well.

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Geiger, in the pictures is the screen just facing towards the holster? You can still pull the phone out and answer it quickly when it's ringing and then just pop it back in right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Geiger, in the pictures is the screen just facing towards the holster? You can still pull the phone out and answer it quickly when it's ringing and then just pop it back in right?

yea, the phone can go in both ways, but it only really fits correctly facing inwards (against the felt pad).

the holster is the best ive seen on a phone. Simply a wonderful design. I have absolutely 0 trouble getting it in and out, and it feels of a very high quality when being used. Ive had abou 3 things for the iphone now, this is above and beyond the other two.

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is the screen protected at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
no. I have YET to see a case that protects the touch screen.

i bought the screen protectors they had in the apple store, 2 for 15$. kinda pricey, but after my research, they showed to be the best.

i forget what they are called, came in a little green envelope though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.