• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Language Warning a step too far?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Very interesting in deed - Thanks MACyMouse :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I reckon modding is far harder than it looks. It's a pretty thankless task at the best of times. I could never mod a forum.

It's obvious the modding here is tighter than a lot of places, and that doesn't suit everybody (myself included, sometimes), but I know that's my problem, not the mods.

Even if sometimes that's the case, I'd still say the mods here are a cut above most of the forums I have posted on. That goes for all the mods, but just to balance the thanklessness issue, I'll also add that Schweb is extraordinary - every single one of his posts as a mod I have ever read has been spot on the money. Impressive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
I'm a moderator on a Scottish Terrier forum, and I can tell you that those of us with Scotties are much like our dogs - a mixture of complete focus and ADHD. Topics never seem to die, they just get set aside for a few minutes for the new toy.

Invariably, someone gets offended and someone takes there ball and runs home. But the forum is a good one, so after some licking of wounds, or one of us stepping in with either the garden hose or a shiny red ball, everyone gets back to having a good time.

It takes the wisdom of Solomon, the patience of Job, the humor of Carlin, and the Valium of a 2nd Grade teacher to be an effective moderator ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Hey, hey, hey! *jumping up and down* Did anyone else see that or was it just me?!! Giulio wrote "BS" in his post! Mods, where are you now?! *unrighteous indignation*

I was wondering if anyone would catch that =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I'm a moderator on a Scottish Terrier forum, and I can tell you that those of us with Scotties are much like our dogs - a mixture of complete focus and ADHD.

Talking of ADHD, did you read that thing the other day abou

Ooohhh! A Bee!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.