Editing Movies/Web Page

Reaction score
I want to edit and add some nice effects to movie clips and videos. Would iMovie would fine? If I like it, I may want to look into getting Final Cut Express HD. Could I edit regular film clips and stuff along there?

Also, I think I have iMovie 08. I got my Mac a few months ago, before Leopard, but its a C2D.

How successful is iWeb? Can I compare it to like Dreamweaver, or is it for simple designs for blogs and whatnot.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
iMovie 08, while having a neat interface, comes a little short since it lacks any effects. However, you can get iMovie 06 for free from apple.com which allows you to add effects and transitions. It's pretty good for non-professional use.

As for iWeb, it is nothing compared to Dreamweaver. iWeb is for those who know nothing of web design, but want to have their own website. Dreamweaver is a professional tool for professional websites.

OP
T
Reaction score
Alright, thanks.

I use Dreamweaver now, and remembered Apple has something, but it didn't seem professional.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.