Mac randomly deletes files... help?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 | Macbook Pro | iPod Touch
Ok, so I have a year old macbook pro with OSX Tiger. I've really had no problems with it, except until recently. Every time I try to save a picture or a document, it's never where I put it - if i can find it at all. And the other day I logged onto my computer and went to open iWeb (to update my webpage's blog) and there was absolutely no trace that I had ever saved or published the website (one that I've been updating for months.) Also, It keeps deleting all of my Photo booth and iPhoto pictures. Even when I use spotlight or look in the trash bin, there's no trace of them. This has gotten really frustrating. The last thing it deleted was some valuable (to me) concert footage that I had shot and edited in FCP. And no, I haven't changed the name of my account or anything that would have provoked these malfunctions. Does anyone know whats going on and what I can do to make it stop? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
sounds like their might be something wrong with your hard drive, backup in a hurry and get a new one! If you can try not to use your Mac as that might screw up the HD more, but i might be wrong, so call apple care to check it out if you still have apple care

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.