checkbook widget?

Reaction score
Hi! I've searched all over for a widget that you can essentially use as another checkbook register.

Just a simple way to see how much is in your savings/checkings.

Is there such a widget? I've looked at financial ones but they are all covered with stocks, interest rates, etc... I don't want that.

Just a simple checkbook register widget!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
edit: deleted link, me neither Neo - just did a quick google search and that's what turned up

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
whoa, not for me! you are to keep your checkbook register online! the widget is just an entry mechanism for a larger online storage mechanism.

I'd be looking for a standalone widget. cindy, do you want just current balances, or do you want to have a record of expenditures?

EDIT: here's a general widget that is workable...

set widget settings on back: title "checking" or "savings", units "$"

click the equal sign on the front to change to a plus sign. running total is kept below. enter deposits as positive numbers, expenditures as negatives. It's simple...whaddya think cindy?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
double post. sorry. see EDIT above

OP
C
Reaction score
whoa, not for me! you are to keep your checkbook register online! the widget is just an entry mechanism for a larger online storage mechanism.

I'd be looking for a standalone widget. cindy, do you want just current balances, or do you want to have a record of expenditures?

EDIT: here's a general widget that is workable...

set widget settings on back: title "checking" or "savings", units "$"

click the equal sign on the front to change to a plus sign. running total is kept below. enter deposits as positive numbers, expenditures as negatives. It's simple...whaddya think cindy?

Ah! I've seen that widget but never once thought about using it for basic finance purposes! I'll definitely have to check it out... THANKS!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.