Will not prompt for username and password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
I hope someone can help me. I want to add a new Mac Pro I just purchased to our Windows Network. I want it to be able to have employees log on using just there username and password on the network. I have a G5 and G4 which use a program called DAVE. Does Mac OS 10.5 need that type of software to be able to have a windows user log on to it? Any advise will be helpful.

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah I figured it out!!!!!!! If you go to Applications, Utilities, Directory Utilities and added the Windows Domain. Once that was done I logged of and used my network credentials and was able to log on and use the Network resources. Man, that is cool!!!! Now I don't have to buy third party software...:D

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is great, I am even able to add the network printers!!!!!! To do this, I had to go to System Preferences, Print and Fax, click on the plus sign to add a printer and choose by IP (which is the globe with IP on it). Once that is done you can either enter the IP address of that printer or the name. This is great!!:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.