no key board?

Reaction score
a couple of times today ive gone to type and ive had no luck it doesnt want to type anything i shut down and it is ok when i boot up, or when i shut all programmes down it works

could it be msn playing up causing this?

M

MacHeadCase

Have you installed all available OS/Apple software updates? There was an update not too long ago that dealt with a keyboard problem on both the MacBooks and MacBook Pros.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
click the apple at the top left of the screen
click software update (you computer will now check for updates)
If there are updates available, there will be a list of them with an install button at the bottom.
If you computer is up to date, a box will show up telling you that.

M

MacHeadCase

Launch System Preferences and click on the Software Update pane. This will tell you what is available for your Mac model.

But before clicking on the install button:

- make sure you have unplugged all unnecessary peripherals

- restart and launch System Preferences -> Software Updates.

Make sure you are not using any other application and leave your Mac alone while the update installs are underway.

OP
F
Reaction score
thanks all, i had 2 updates a secuirty one and the key board one! is there anyway to get these to download automaticly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
launch System Preferences -> Software Updates

then check the box to "check for updates". mine is set for weekly...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.