Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

Reaction score
I have loads of games for Windows, including Halo, and I was wondering if I got a Mac and used Boot Camp or Parallels will the games function as they would on my PC or will there be minor problems? Is the video card in a Macbook compatible with Windows games? Further information would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
which one the Pro, or non pro,

if non pro anything from 2003 back will work!
EDIT:
sorry, but I thought you had a Macbook. but yeah read my first post. You Best bet is to get a iMac or Mac Pro. Mac Pro if your a extreme gamer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
You should be good using BootCamp. I play Halo, BF2142, C&C Generals and a few others here on my MacBook Pro and they work just fine. You might just have to knock down the quality of the game a little for better play from the graphics card.

OP
N
Reaction score
You should be good using BootCamp. I play Halo, BF2142, C&C Generals and a few others here on my MacBook Pro and they work just fine. You might just have to knock down the quality of the game a little for better play from the graphics card.
But if the macbook's specs match the required specs for the game it should work right?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Macbook uses Intel Integrated Graphics. Some newer and demanding games will be very slow. Same with a PC with the same Intel graphics. The MacBook Pro has a discrete graphics card and is much better for demanding gaming.

That said, Halo should be fine. I would use Bootcamp though and not Parallels for gaming. In bootcamp it's just like a PC running Windows. Everything will run just like it does on a Windows PC with the same hardware.

OP
N
Reaction score
The Macbook uses Intel Integrated Graphics. Some newer and demanding games will be very slow. Same with a PC with the same Intel graphics. The MacBook Pro has a discrete graphics card and is much better for demanding gaming.

That said, Halo should be fine. I would use Bootcamp though and not Parallels for gaming. In bootcamp it's just like a PC running Windows. Everything will run just like it does on a Windows PC with the same hardware.
So if I used Boot Camp, will Windows just be created on another partition or something? Will I be able to access my Mac documents and stuff from Windows?

Can I run multiple versions of Windows on my Macbook, like Windows 95, Windows 98, 2000, XP and Vista all at once?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because the Macbook uses Intel Graphics which basically suck for newer games like Bioshock, Rainbow Six Vegas etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So if I used Boot Camp, will Windows just be created on another partition or something? Will I be able to access my Mac documents and stuff from Windows?

Can I run multiple versions of Windows on my Macbook, like Windows 95, Windows 98, 2000, XP and Vista all at once?

No, not all at once, but you can have multiple paritions for different OSs even Linux if you wanted.

OP
N
Reaction score
No, not all at once, but you can have multiple paritions for different OSs even Linux if you wanted.
Yeah, I didn't actually mean I wanted them all running at once, I meant all installed at once. But when I boot up the laptop then, what will appear? Will OS X load or will it give me all the choices?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.