Refurbished macbook pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
I am think of getting myself a refurbished macbook pro ive seen one i like and since its a 16% saving and its apple quality tested and controlled nothing can go wrong right?
i just wanted to check the theres no loop holes apple can catch you out on/ and what are the condition of the plastic.

secondly if there do bring out the new macbook pros what will they do with the older ones just in case the new ones are more expensive and i cant afford them.

many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
From what I can gather from previous buyers, refurbished machines are usually in mint condition and you still get the full warranty and the option to buy Apple Care. Occasionally the machine has a RAM upgrade too, if you're lucky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
As far as quality goes I've heard they are in good condition and basically there's not much difference between a brand new one and refurbished. As far as new macs rolling out and the older ones not being available I'm wondering the same thing. I was in the market for the cheapest MBP refurb but decided I needed a bigger hard drive to run fusion and XP so now I'm waiting/saving for a new one with a bigger hard drive. What I have heard is that the older systems will be available if they release a new model say at MacWorld but I still don't know the specifics. Hopefully someone else does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I bought my 17" MBP refurbished last February and it's awesome. Haven't had a problem with it, and it certainly gets used.

Reaction score
My 15" refurbished MBP is pristine and perfect...and I saved several hundred dollars off retail. Same warranty. No difference. Loving it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I'll chime in here that I've purchased MANY refurbed Apple products, and none of them could be distinguished from being brand new.

To be fair, however, I will mention that a friend of mine ordered a refurbished MacBook Pro 17" WAY back when the MacBook line first came out...and he had a few issues with the speakers and had to return it for another machine. The return process was simple and without hassle.

OP
MacintoshMatt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
that sounds great many thanks for your imput!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Refurbs can have similar problems to non-reburbs. My MacBrook Pro refurb went in three times until it was right and has been fine since. My tower was perfect and has had no problems.

You might see some minor cosmetic issues, but that isn't a big deal. My MBP had a couple of minor nicks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
My 15" MBP looked brand new when I got it. I think there was only one very minor scratch on the case but for $300 less than retail who's complaining? I haven't had any issues with it since I received it.

Generally when a new model is released the price stays the same. You'll be able to find the old models at closeout prices at a place like MacMall (they'll be new though). They might offer the old models on the clearance store on apple.com as well but I don't know that for sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.