yay for the smell of new macbooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.2GHz , 2gb RAM, 160gb HD. iPod 5g 30gb
heyo- right now i'm in a state of euphoria-

i got my black macbook sent to me 1 hour ago and couldn't be happier- yays!!

few questions i've got after looking through the system for a bit..

1. what are the little blue dots underneath the application icons at the bottom of the screen.

2. where is the app boot camp found?

3. how do you install msn messenger - or configure ichat to run with msn account

cheers i will have many more questions in future but yeah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
heyo- right now i'm in a state of euphoria-

i got my black macbook sent to me 1 hour ago and couldn't be happier- yays!!

few questions i've got after looking through the system for a bit..

1. what are the little blue dots underneath the application icons at the bottom of the screen.

2. where is the app boot camp found?

3. how do you install msn messenger - or configure ichat to run with msn account

cheers i will have many more questions in future but yeah

the blue dots mean that application is currently open/running.

open a finder window and go to applications/utilities/look for boot camp assistant or just type boot camp in spotlight

I don't use/like msn messenger personally, but you may want to look at aMSN http://www.amsn-project.net/

OP
Immune Heart
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cheers mattlike
what about easily maximising the page your using like in windows in the top right theres the dash to make it go to the bottom bar the cross to close it and the square to maximise - what is the button to do what that square did?

is there a way to use ichat and talk to people with msn accounts?

and what is the difference between closing a program and minimising it - like the difference between the blue dot and it going down the bottom right hand corner??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cheers mattlike
what about easily maximising the page your using like in windows in the top right theres the dash to make it go to the bottom bar the cross to close it and the square to maximise - what is the button to do what that square did?

is there a way to use ichat and talk to people with msn accounts?

and what is the difference between closing a program and minimising it - like the difference between the blue dot and it going down the bottom right hand corner??

Read this post/thread. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49528

OP
Immune Heart
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks again-- also how do i change my ipod to format of mac
it has been formated to windows for a while now

what about limewire or azureus im guessing you need a mac version of them too right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
Whoa there hold up, before you just go installing what you are used to do some research on programs you can only get for a mac. So no no MSN, look up Adium, and Trillian should be out soon.

Limewire yes

Bootcamp make sure you have a copy of win xp WITH sp2 or vista.

You will learn to hit the green button to maximize it the way the program is designed, right bottonm drag to set it to the size you want. I like to keep multiple windowsopen and just press down on the scroll ball to bring up a new view you might like to select programs.

The "x" button in windows works a bit different, it doesn't close the program but does close the window. The blue light will still be on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoa there hold up, before you just go installing what you are used to do some research on programs you can only get for a mac. So no no MSN, look up Adium, and Trillian should be out soon.

Limewire yes

Bootcamp make sure you have a copy of win xp WITH sp2 or vista.

You will learn to hit the green button to maximize it the way the program is designed, right bottonm drag to set it to the size you want. I like to keep multiple windowsopen and just press down on the scroll ball to bring up a new view you might like to select programs.

The "x" button in windows works a bit different, it doesn't close the program but does close the window. The blue light will still be on.

He can use aMSN http://www.amsn-project.net/

sorry up late. adium does indeed support msn

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.