Network Printing Difficulties with MacBook with Leopard

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the world of MAC and I am having problems figuring out how to print to my Network Printer through wifi which is directly connected to my PC with a USB Cable.

I have a home network called MSHOME and I am able to find the network printer with each of my IBM Laptops with no problem. I have installed the Canon Print Driver in the MacBook and I can print to the printer when I plug it through USB Cable directly into the MacBook, but not over the network.

Short of purchasing a router that has a connection for my printer, i.e. a true network printer with an IP Address, can anyone assist me in my MacBook being able to print to the printer which is a Canon Pixma ip5000 over the network?

I downloaded Bonjour for Windows and installed it in my PC and that is how I was able to see my machine in MSHOME from the MacBook which is called winxp_home, but I am completely stumped about how to network print to the printer. I can't seem to find the printer which is called \\WINXP_HOME\Canon PIXMA iP5000 on the network and there is no communication from the PC that asks me if I want to download network printer drivers which is what happens when I add a printer to my IBM Laptops under network printers.

Can anyone please help me solve this network printing problem?

Thank you,
Ted Schiff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.