Recommendation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
ok i know how to do it, but i need some advice. my GF bought me a new macbook and in return i will be giving her my old one. i just bought and installed leopard on hers. my question is this:
should i reformat the hard drive and erase all my information on it before i give it to her or is it sufficient to just change all the data and information to hers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
If I remember correct when I upgraded to Leopard I had a choice of a clean install and erasing all files.

OP
ezcompane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
yeah i had that option, but should i do it or just upgrade it without erasing anything??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
I'd erase, why not. I'm sure you would want a clean install also if it was reversed.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
ok i know how to do it, but i need some advice. my GF bought me a new macbook and in return i will be giving her my old one. i just bought and installed leopard on hers. my question is this:
should i reformat the hard drive and erase all my information on it before i give it to her or is it sufficient to just change all the data and information to hers?

OK, good luck with the Leopard thing, but I need a recommendation from you! Tell me how to get someone to buy me a new computer in return for an old one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I would do a clean install (erase and install)
Many people have reported that their systems were running etreamly slow or buggy when they preforemed an upgrade.
Also, because you are giving it away, an erase and install will give your gf a clean fast os.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.