trackpad button problem

A

andizo

I just got my ibook g4(12") today, and the button on the trackpad won't work. I tried messing with the settings in the systems preferences, but that didn't help. I'm just wondering if there is something I could do, maybe it's my error, before I call apple in the morning. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
hey andizo, I have the same mac, bummer your's isn't working properly?!

I know you mentioned you've already checked this, but you haven't got an external mouse hooked up and the setting 'ignore trackpad when external mouse is present' checked have you?

No? Thought not... well then I guess it really must be a dead trackpad then. I think you're going to have to send it in..

Just try restarting your machine, or logging out and back in before you call them. Sometimes my trackpad has been playing up (mouse flies all over the screen) and this has cured it.

OP
A

andizo

thanks for the suggestions.
the problem was solved by turning the computer off and holding down shift+option+control and hitting the on button at the same time. then waiting a few seconds and turning the computer on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Excellent, I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever have any problems...

Now enjoy your mac...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.