iChat colors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.33 GHz, 768MB, 60GB, 10.4.11/iPod 4G 20GB Photo/iPod 5.5G 30GB *Hacked*
i wanted to know if you can change colors an iChat like you can on AIM

(background, font color, size etc.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Contact group colors:
http://www.macworld.com/article/46403/2005/08/ichatgroupcolors.html

In the new iChat, you can mess with the default font in the iChat preferences pane under the messages tab. You can also do the balloon colors. Not only for your messages (font, color, and balloon color), but also the senders.

But it only shows for you; it doesn't show up on the other end. If you want it to show up on the other end you have to do it in the format menu while in the chat window with the other person. I have only gotten it to change the color every message, so you have to do it every message. The font stays, but the color doesn't.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
this is the completely wrong place to ask this but i dont wanna open a thread for it. How do i get links within a webpage to open up in a new tab and not in a new window? I thought i set it up through preferences but it didnt work out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Safari? It's in the Preferences under the Tabs pane. Make sure that the checkbox for that option is check. Then when you click a link, hold down the command key.

Picture 1.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.