Aim

Reaction score
I just got my Mac two weeks ago, and so far I've downloaded AIM.. however, when I try to use it, it often turns off randomly (AIM, not the computer) and I have to relaunch it. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem and/or how to fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I just got my Mac two weeks ago, and so far I've downloaded AIM.. however, when I try to use it, it often turns off randomly (AIM, not the computer) and I have to relaunch it. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem and/or how to fix it?

Yes. It's AIM, and it does that.

Use iChat with our AIM account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What's causing the problem is that AIM for Mac sucks...hard.

I would suggest either using the included iChat or download a program called Adium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
I dont no about AIM but i no that msn dose the same thing and then says about 5 mins after sending the odd couple of messages it says this message could not be delivered. That is really annoying when people think I am ignoring them and when i think i have sent about 5 messages and they only receive one it gets very confusing. :(

Reaction score
Just use Adium, it handles MSN and AIM and many other protocols as well.
Plus, it has loads of add-ons and is completely customizable in terms of look and style.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
AdiumX is the best. But you'll have to revert to iChat to use video chat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.