MSN messenger on iChat

Reaction score
Is there anyway to use MSN messenger on iChat? The only options I see are AIM, Bonjour, and .mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Ime not 100% sure but I dont think there is any way to do that because of Microsoft. But there could be some way to do it, Ime sure there is some one working on away to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Maybe like a iChat plugin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
errrm but I think ive heard that there isnt one because of Microsoft but I could be corrected. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
No, you can not use MSN Messenger for the Mac with iChat. I am assuming Microsoft will eventually add this option in the future but for now you should use Skype. Great program, audio, and video...PLUS, it is 100% free!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yer i have skype great IM but can you use your msn contacts because none of my messenger contacts use skype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I believe that iChat only does Mac, AIM, and Jabber. For almost everything else you can use Adium.
I personally use iChat for my @mac.com as I can only do video/audio with other iChat users through it (or can I now also do AV with AIM Windows friends?).
For my MSN, Yahoo, AIM, and ICQ I use Adium. Adium does more than just those, but that's all I use.
http://www.adiumx.com/

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
IChat will also do Google Chat.

For MSN it really depends on what you want to do. If you just want to chat with your MSN buddies, get Adium. It works great. If you want Video chat, then aMSN. It does Video chat on MSN.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.