iBook to dialup internet via airport

• Thread starter VastDeathmaster
  • Start date
V

VastDeathmaster

When I had broadband, it was easy to connect my PC to the wireless router and then connect to the internet with the laptop with an airport card.

Now money concerns have forced me to back down to dialup and the cheapest method at this point is Netzero(not free). However, I have not been able to figure out how to get my laptop to connect.

The new eMac is connected to the router and the phone line to the wall.

The macs seem capable of this kind of internet sharing, but I have not been able to get it to work.

Would this be because I have to use Netzero's software to connect and that is preventing the two computers from connecting properly?

The ibook is running the latest version of 10.2 and the eMac is running the latest version of 10.3

It's not like I need to share the dialup. I could just sit down at the desktop and do my stuff and then use the wireless network to transfer any files, but it would be nice to know why I can't make the connection (so to speak)

OP
U

unixdude

The netzero software may be the problem. There is a program called PPPshar that allows this to work. It even allows AOL dialup to be shared :rolleyes:. But I think you need a PC to run the software on. Can you connect to netzero using regular software?

VastDeathmaster said:
When I had broadband, it was easy to connect my PC to the wireless router and then connect to the internet with the laptop with an airport card.

Now money concerns have forced me to back down to dialup and the cheapest method at this point is Netzero(not free). However, I have not been able to figure out how to get my laptop to connect.

The new eMac is connected to the router and the phone line to the wall.

The macs seem capable of this kind of internet sharing, but I have not been able to get it to work.

Would this be because I have to use Netzero's software to connect and that is preventing the two computers from connecting properly?

The ibook is running the latest version of 10.2 and the eMac is running the latest version of 10.3

It's not like I need to share the dialup. I could just sit down at the desktop and do my stuff and then use the wireless network to transfer any files, but it would be nice to know why I can't make the connection (so to speak)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.