Replacement Power Cords Avaliable?

A

Animatronica

Hi, I've had many macs over the years and with my current Imac...I've noticed I just dont have enough cord to place the computer where I want. I dont really want to use a surge protector or worse yet an extension cord. I was wondering if their were any replacement cords that happen to be longer?

C-ya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
None that I know of. Using a surge protector is always a good idea anyway, and what's wrong with an extension cord?

OP
A

Animatronica

Well I dont really like the bulky surge protectors. I just need one outlet or a longer cord. I dont want to use an extension cord as their is a possibility of not enough current going to the computer..I dont remember the technical term for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Animatronica said:
Well I dont really like the bulky surge protectors. I just need one outlet or a longer cord. I dont want to use an extension cord as their is a possibility of not enough current going to the computer..I dont remember the technical term for it.

Technically, as long as your extension cord is not a couple of hundreds of meters, don't worry, your computer will get enough power.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.