4 cryin out loud! Aiport/Powerbook/isp problem

Reaction score
Yes, i've read the FAQ. Yes, I've talked to Net Admin at work. Yes, i've pulled just about all my hair out. Now that we've got that outta the way, here is where I stand. :Shouting:

Hardware:

Time WarnerCable internet > cable modem > ethernet cable > Airport Express > G4 Power book (10.4.11)

That's the chain of command anyway...

About three years ago, I brought the airport express home, ran through the setup utility and tada, I was off and running with my powerbook and later my girlfriends iBook.

Flash forward ~3 years:

One day my I can't connect to the internet. No problem, i've been here before. Reset/powercycle the cable modem or do the same with the AE.

Are there setting that I'm missing? Is my ISP somehow blocking my AE's I.P.?

any advice? I'm at my wits end here...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yes, i've read the FAQ. Yes, I've talked to Net Admin at work. Yes, i've pulled just about all my hair out. Now that we've got that outta the way, here is where I stand. :Shouting:

Hardware:

Time WarnerCable internet > cable modem > ethernet cable > Airport Express > G4 Power book (10.4.11)

That's the chain of command anyway...

About three years ago, I brought the airport express home, ran through the setup utility and tada, I was off and running with my powerbook and later my girlfriends iBook.

Flash forward ~3 years:

One day my I can't connect to the internet. No problem, i've been here before. Reset/powercycle the cable modem or do the same with the AE.

Are there setting that I'm missing? Is my ISP somehow blocking my AE's I.P.?

any advice? I'm at my wits end here...

Do you get any signal at all? What about the other computer, does that see a signal at all? It might be that your AirPort Express just bought the farm, it's not at all unusual.

Reaction score
I hate these questions... you've done the basics, but still can't get a connection. It would be like me stating my car has gas but doesn't run. There could be a million things wrong. Can you please provide more information?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
The TimeWarner Cable connection is your problem :D

No but seriously the airport probably just gave out if it's three years old or more than that. That or the modem. Have you tried directly connecting your computer to the modem via ethernet to make sure that the AE is the problem (IE isolate the problem to a single device and work from there).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.