Accessing my office Mac at home

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro at the office that is on a DSL line. I have an iMac at home on a DSL line that I want to use to access my MacBook at the office. Can someone give me an overview of how to do this?

T

todd51

I'm not too good at this kind of stuff but what I would do would to be setting up a VNC client by using an application called Chicken of the VNC. That way you can remotely control the MBP at work through your Mackbook at home.

Just start a server connection on the MBP at work. Set a user name and a really complicated password that no one can guess. Keep the connection open all night and make sure your MBP doesn't go to sleep, just let the display go to sleep or something. Also, don't forget to write down the IP address. Then open up the same application on your Macbook at home and type in the IP/user/password and it should connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.