iMovie08?

Reaction score
After reading the latest article on Macworld about the "downgrade" of iMovie08, I was wondering, as a newbie to movie editing, and struggling with a the editing of a video that I took over the holidays, is this version really the mess they are saying it is? Is the previous rendetion 06 actually better for an older person like me? I don't care to post to YouTube or the web. I WANT to make movies for posterity. Take videos of grandparents who won't be around forever. Reading the article, it pretty much states that this version doesn't hold a candle to iVideo HD. No time line and other things I don't even remember being said. Can someone, preferably someone that can speak without an emotional bias, help a person interested in saving videos to disk explain if I will not be able to do this well with iVideo08? Many were saying to download the old version...that sure seems to defeat the whole iLife suite thing. Thank you.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Moving the thread to proper forum and changing the title to iMovie? Since this is not an iPhoto problem.

OP
jacintosh
Reaction score
Sorry about the title, but it would have been nice to have received a head's up on it being moved. I think there needs to be some clarification on the use of the Switchers forum. I do understand that it could get flooded with all different types of questions, however, if that is the case, I do believe that anything that relates to something other than...gee...glad I switched...or..why did I switch...or, I', glad I didn't switch....would make up the entire forum. Again, don't really care that it got moved, it just seems that the switch title does lead one to possibly believe that the individual is maybe somewhat naive to the mac software...system etc usage.

OP
jacintosh
Reaction score
Now...aside from that....I read that suggestion in Macworld. But, another individual said that was a poor way of dealing with a real problem. That it would be akin to Microsoft going from Vista back to XP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.