Imac core duo memory

skv

Reaction score
Hi I currently have an Intel core duo mac 17" and am wondering what is the maximum amount of ram I can put in it.
I've tried putting in a 2gb stick along with my 1gb that is already in it but the mac does not boot up unless I take one of the sticks out.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi I currently have an Intel core duo mac 17" and am wondering what is the maximum amount of ram I can put in it.
I've tried putting in a 2gb stick along with my 1gb that is already in it but the mac does not boot up unless I take one of the sticks out.

2GB is the max:

2007-12-31_1038.png

I'd bet you have a bad 2nd module there.

OP
S

skv

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Got it working now. I've just taken out the other 1 GB stick and it now recognizes the 2GB.
I'm going to put the 1GB stick into my macbook and take that up to 1.5GB.
Thanks
ps. I'm pretty sure that my macbook can take up to 4GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Thanks for the reply.
Got it working now. I've just taken out the other 1 GB stick and it now recognizes the 2GB.
I'm going to put the 1GB stick into my macbook and take that up to 1.5GB.
Thanks
ps. I'm pretty sure that my macbook can take up to 4GB

Depends which MacBook you have. Core Duo MacBooks support 2GB, Core 2 Duo MacBooks with 64MB vRAM support 3GB, and the latest MacBooks with 144MB vRAM support 4GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.