A Dumb iTunes Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, I've never done this before.

How do I export a Playlist from iTunes so that another App can use it? I know how to make playlists in iTunes, but I've never wanted to export one before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bottom-of-the-line MacBook
File >> Export...

This will give a big text document, which if you open it in excel will give you an organized excel spreadsheet with all the music in the playlist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Another dumb itunes question. It's just something I've never been able to do. When you move your itunes list from one machine to another also using itunes is there a way to keep the old play count of the songs. Like move the play count from the one machine to the next.

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
File >> Export...

This will give a big text document, which if you open it in excel will give you an organized excel spreadsheet with all the music in the playlist.

Ok, I may have worded the question poorly.

I don't want a document, I want an m3u playlist file that I can use with another (non-Apple or iPod) device to identify a playlist. I'm not sure if iTunes will do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.