So there's no "Add/Remove Programs"

Reaction score
And I need to uninstall WoW from my new mac. (Just switched christmas)
Do I just drag and drop the folder into the trash? Since I grew up with windows, the answer that comes to my brain first is "OH GOD NO DON'T DO THAT!!" But this is mac, this is easy, easy enough for me to not know what to do. So help!

O:)

Reaction score
Yes just drag the program and folder to the trash can and it will delete. There is no "add/remove programs on a mac. Remember Steve Jobb's catch phrase is "It just works." Therefore don't be to impressed when you find that it is easier to do simple tasks on a mac than pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yes just drag the program and folder to the trash can and it will delete. There is no "add/remove programs on a mac. Remember Steve Jobb's catch phrase is "It just works." Therefore don't be to impressed when you find that it is easier to do simple tasks on a mac than pc.

Unless the program comes with an uninstaller. If it has an uninstaller then you should use that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i use a program called appdelete. this gets all the files left behind if there is any. just drag the app to the trashcan in the app and it collects all the other stray files and puts them in your os X trashcan. just empty the trash and your all ready to go.

Gaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHz / Mac Mini 1.66 GHz
I prefer appzapper, you have a to pay a bit of money for it. but i thought it was worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro
If you don't use appdelete, don't forget to check if the app has an uninstaller in spotlight. Also, you might want to check your library for a preference file as well.

By the way, I switched to a MBP last month and thanks to this forum, I've learned so much. Thanks to all and goodbye to PC's forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
just be careful going around looking for its various files to delete...
If you don't know what it is, don't delete it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i would say, if there is an uninstaller, use it. if not, just drag it into the garbage, even if there are some files left over, they never accumulate to anything large enough to be noticeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Good info here appdelete is just the thing i need. all the folders that files complete just get too messy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
i would say, if there is an uninstaller, use it. if not, just drag it into the garbage, even if there are some files left over, they never accumulate to anything large enough to be noticeable.

+1 here. Just drag and drop it if it does not have a uninstall file. Left overs never add up to anything even years and years after. This is'nt Windbloze. They will not interfere with any other programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I use CleanApp, a 3rd party uninstaller. Dragging and dropping to the trash would make the data/files generated by the app that you're going to uninstall accumulate in your hard drive. Some programs may not have generated hard drive-eating files, but still; they do leave log files that you might want to delete.

Reaction score
If it does not come with an uninstaller than when you delete the folder you are most likely deleting ALL of the files. If it comes with an uninstaller than it is a program that has stray files. The purpose of the uninstaller is to delete stray files. Therefore programs with uninstaller most likely have stray files. and those programs without uninstaller most likely do not have stray files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo - 1GB RAM - 10.5.latest
I find AppDelete works for me very well...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.