• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Slow loaders, any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
Hi,

I've recently bought an Imac G4 800mhz, which I've hooked up to our wireless network using a Belkin Ethernet Wireless adapter! Everything is going great, except one thing, certain sites load amazingly slow and often time out they are going so slow! Examples of sites that don't work:

hotmail.com, mactopia.com, qjump.co.uk, amazon.co.uk, ebay.co.uk to name a few!

Is there something about these sites that makes them so slow on the Mac, or have I set something up wrong? Any ideas greatly appreciated! P.S I'm using IE, Safari goes too slow to load anything except Google it seems!

Also what's the deal with MSN messenger, I cannot make it connect. Searched net and seen others have similar probs but can't find a definitive answer!...is this related to my web problems above?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
On ethernet Safari is really slow. I honestly don't know why.

However, I do know that Firefox works really well on ethernet. You can download it here for free.

MSN messenger doesn't work for me either. I think the program is messed up.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
Hmmm....I've just downloaded and tried Firefox as reccomended, but those sites I mentioned earlier as examples still barely load if at all! It's gettting really frustrating, as I just don't understand how they can be so slow when everything else is sooooo fast!!!

I love Firefox's clean-cut look though! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.