Using Airport Express to Boost my Neighbor's Signal

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help with my problem.

I live in an apartment complex and I am able to get wireless internet in most rooms of my apartment, however in some rooms I am not able to. I was wondering if there is anyway to take my neighbor's signal and boost it with an airport express?

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Um, no. What you're suggesting is not only completely unethical, but potentially illegal depending on where you live.

Don't be shady....man up and buy your own Internet access.

M

MacHeadCase

I pay for my internet access. I would hate to pay for someone else on top of my own usage.

OP
alexschieber
Reaction score
I talked to them about it, they don't care. And I practically live in gotham city, so that isnt really a problem either.
They told me I can run a ethernet chord from their apartment, but it would have to be really really long and I already have an airport.
I just want to know if it can be done and how.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well that's awefully nice of them. I would be willing to bet however that their ISP doesn't actually allow what they're offering to let you do...

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help with my problem.

I live in an apartment complex and I am able to get wireless internet in most rooms of my apartment, however in some rooms I am not able to. I was wondering if there is anyway to take my neighbor's signal and boost it with an airport express?

Thanks for the help.

most of the vendors do repeaters that would do the trick

link taken from networking section http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

near bottom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.