Macbook Pro Ram Upgrade Issue

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I purchased a 512mb stick of ram made by hynix off ebay. I currently have a stock 512mb Hynix stick. When I insert the new memory stick the computer will not boot on or make the apple sound. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2
Is it seated in properly/tight?
If you take the one you just purchased out, does it work?
What if you swapped sticks (take out yours and put the new one in and aintain the 512mb still), does it work (to rule out the possibility of bad ram)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
making sure it's seated properly is one of the major causes of boot failure when you update your ram, When I upgraded from 512 to 2GB, I hadn't properly inserted the RAM, the sleep light just flashed at me.

Try pushing the RAM in hard with your thumbs, it goes in quite a way and don't be afraid to use a lot of force, MBPs are fairly robust :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
also, what are the specs of the new ram you purchased?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.