• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Not even close. Try next summer, definitely not January.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Nah, I bet it will be March 24th, Mac OS X's fifth anniversary.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

No, in the original keynote where they introduced it, they stated that it would be shipping in or around January. I have bean using the beta, seems very good, and stable.

OP
T

Temporary

anarkhy said:
No, in the original keynote where they introduced it, they stated that it would be shipping in or around January. I have bean using the beta, seems very good, and stable.

Actually, they said first half of 2005...I am fairly certain of that

OP
I

Icarus

anarkhy said:

Where did you get the beta?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
anarkhy said:
Your not allowed to mention that here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
anarkhy said:

"While at Mac-Forums.com we do strive to allow all our members to post freely in the forums on almost any topic they wish, there are times where stricter rules must be put in place. Because Mac OS X "Tiger" is still unreleased software and is governed by an Apple NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement), we'll need to instute the following rules in posts regarding Apple's next OS:

1. It is permissible to discuss Tiger rumors and announced facts either by posting links to rumor sites, etc or through discussing what you may have heard about Tiger.

2. It is not permissible to review Tiger or discuss your personal experience using the OS beyond what has been publically released information by Apple. Anything further would be a breach of the NDA.

Any violation of the above rules will be deleted or moderated by a member of the Mac-Forums.com staff. Please feel free to post any questions or concerns you have on this policy to this thread. Thanks!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Um, I can guarantee he didn't say January, he said first half of 2005 which I'm going to place bets on the later part of that around the summer.

They still have a link up to the keynote if you need to listen to it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
schweb said:
Um, I can guarantee he didn't say January, he said first half of 2005 which I'm going to place bets on the later part of that around the summer.
What makes you think that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because I have yet to see any software release come out much earlier than the end of the estimated time ;)

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Padawan said:
"While at Mac-Forums.com we do strive to allow all our members to post freely in the forums on almost any topic they wish, there are times where stricter rules must be put in place. Because Mac OS X "Tiger" is still unreleased software and is governed by an Apple NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement), we'll need to instute the following rules in posts regarding Apple's next OS:

1. It is permissible to discuss Tiger rumors and announced facts either by posting links to rumor sites, etc or through discussing what you may have heard about Tiger.

2. It is not permissible to review Tiger or discuss your personal experience using the OS beyond what has been publically released information by Apple. Anything further would be a breach of the NDA.

Any violation of the above rules will be deleted or moderated by a member of the Mac-Forums.com staff. Please feel free to post any questions or concerns you have on this policy to this thread. Thanks!"

I don't believe i broke any rules today officer. I simply stated that i was using a legal version of the the apple OS, I in no way have stated how i felt with any of my personal experiences, excluding what apple has already declared to the public.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anarkhy said:
I don't believe i broke any rules today officer. I simply stated that i was using a legal version of the the apple OS, I in no way have stated how i felt with any of my personal experiences, excluding what apple has already declared to the public.
You are not allowed to say anything about you using Tiger, legal or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To clarify, yes you can mention using it. Just can't mention experiences or features that haven't been made public knowledge by Apple.

You CAN however discuss them in context of what you've read or heard on other sites or from friends, just not your personal experience because that would be a breach of the NDA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
anarkhy said:

anarkhy said:
I have bean using the beta, seems very good, and stable.

Sounds like a personal experience to me. Besides, the original question was regarding the release date. The fact that you're running the beta was extraneous, and had no bearing on the the discussion, so it wasn't even worth mentioning. Also, in the future, I'd appreciate you omitting the sarcasm from posts directed at me. I don't do it to other members, so I expect the same in return.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Padawan said:
Sounds like a personal experience to me. Besides, the original question was regarding the release date. The fact that you're running the beta was extraneous, and had no bearing on the the discussion, so it wasn't even worth mentioning. Also, in the future, I'd appreciate you omitting the sarcasm from posts directed at me. I don't do it to other members, so I expect the same in return.

Yes it was a "personal" experience, but know i didn't mention anything that Apple has already announced to the public. I was just stating that I thought it was a nice upgrade. And it would be impossible for me to express sarcasm over the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anarkhy said:
And it would be impossible for me to express sarcasm over the internet.

But it's certainly possible for you to refrain from addressing me as "officer", which is exactly what I was referring to. And NDA rules aside, mentioning your Tiger beta usage still had no relevance to the original thread topic.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Padawan said:
And NDA rules aside, mentioning your Tiger beta usage still had no relevance to the original thread topic.

Um, yes it did... iPod asked when Tiger was comig out, Apple won't release Tiger unless it is stable and bug-free, I was therefore stating that i did in fact believe that it was both stable and bug-free. None-the-less, if you don't like my posts DON"T READ THEM! :cool: what a concept.... officer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.