Timing of purchase help

Reaction score
I am about to do the switch from a pc to a mac. I have read advice in these forums to hold off on purchase of a Mac Pro until after the conference in mid-January.....is there any reason to hold off on the purchase of an I Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Exactly the same as PC"s.

Whenever you purchase there will always be another new model just around the corner. If you want a lovely new iMac, go with it and enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
Well the iMacs have just been updated so it should be a good time to buy. The only reason I would personally hold out is that there's nothing to lose. If nothing major happens for the system you want then go ahead and purchase but if an improvment does come out you can go with that or buy the system you wanted all along more than likely cheaper because its not the newest. By time you get you system Macworld will be already be here so I don't see the rush.

Reaction score
I agree with Hope for Chaos. Although it is unlikely that iMacs will be updated this time around, you never know with Apple, so I would definitely hold out for a fortnight just incase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.