Recommended amount of memory using Paralells Desktop

Reaction score
I have a MacBook 2.2 GHZ with 1 GB memory. I´ve installed XP using Paralells Desktop.. While running Paralells everything is TOOO slow. How much memory would u recommend?? Will things get better if I put one more GB in my machine??

Hope someone can help me here..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you can never have enough ram

yes it will get better since you are trying to run OS X, Parallels and XP in just 1 gig

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I have 4gb... I have xp installed with vmware fusion and allow it to use 2gb... everything works fine that way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
I'd definitely recommend more than 1GB to make the experience snappier. Also, watch how much memory you allot to the VM and which OS has dominance over resources. You might be able to improve it some without adding more memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.