memory upgrade: 1 ghz 1.25 ghz

P

PrincessM

memory upgrade: please help asap

I brought a memory stick that says it's for a 1.5ghz system but I have a 1 ghz system. Will it still work/will i have problems?

OP
T

tariq

which stick did you buy and what laptop do you have? memory is usually not dependent on the cpu speed, unless that information was used as a guide to purchase the ram (similar to how crucial recommends ram by selecting which model/cpu you have)

OP
P

PrincessM

I brought it from crucial, a 512 stick that is PC2700 and it says it is for 1.25 ghz. The 1 ghz model they are selling has the same specs (PC2700) but when I installed it it did not show up in the "about this mac" menu. I'm not sure if this is because it may not be the same or if I didn't install it right. Here is a photo:

memory.jpg

The one on the right is what I tried to install. As you can see it can't go in as far as the memory that came with my powerbook (to the left). Could it be because I didn't push it in properly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
It doesn't look to me like it is seated properly. You might want to try removing it a reinstalling it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.