Your internet speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Dang - Comcast advertises 6Mb/s here (8 if you go with their voice service), but it looks like quite a few of you are seeing well above that. Do you have the voice service?

We have that one packaged deal. Voice, cable, and internet. I'm not sure what speed we purchased though. I remember it being a little bit better before but I'm not sure right now if someone else in the house is downloading something.

Reaction score
216948664.png

I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!
I HAVE THE FASTEST INTERNET IN THE WORLD!

WOOT WOOT!!!!
MY INTERNED CAN DOWNLOAD 1GB WORTH OF STUFF BEFORE YOURS EVEN LOADS THIS PAGE!!

I OWN YOU!!!
I OWN THE INTERNET!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

So think i could win the SLOWEST internet speed contest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Holy crap, I think I have the fastest internet here, lol... Comcast cable, advertised 6/1.5... I think I'm getting my money's worth! I also think I'm the only person in probably a 2 mile radius with cable internet... it's only been in my area about 10 months. I could probably get a better result by turning off the TV, too...

Beat ya by a little. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Dang - Comcast advertises 6Mb/s here (8 if you go with their voice service), but it looks like quite a few of you are seeing well above that. Do you have the voice service?

Yes, I've got Comcast digital cable HD/DVR, voice, and internet. I think I wait on the speed of the internet backbone more than my own connection, lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
this is the server in bermuda

and this is the most local to me

why is the one in bermuda so much more faster. i did this like 4 times so its not just a one time deal. what gives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
man i can spend hours on this thing. its so fun to see what the speeds are around the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I think it's fun to check out your speed vs. other providers. I know that I'm getting a good deal - Comcast is $10/mo. cheaper than the "other" company... but over twice the speed on average. :)

Reaction score
Oh yeah your the guy who still has dial-up huh?

Indeed. We live pretty far away.

We are thinking about getting internet through dish network--but im sure it will lose signal whenever it rains or anything like it does with our dish--but still better than dial up, and at $50/month plus $25ish to keep AOL (its not up to me to keep aol by the way.....) its pretty expensive.
Anyone else have dish internet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've used sat-internet before. Download speeds are great, but uploads are slower than dial-up, and there is a slight, but noticable delay between the time you click a link, and the time it starts to load.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Nope, internet only. I barely use my cell phone so a landline is useless. I think it's $30 for basic cable these days in the city. My g/f pays like $30 and she gets some cable channels but none of them like TNT, USA, TBS. I think to get the normal cable channels it's $50. My relatives pay $80 for a digital package to get some HD channels. I don't watch enough TV to warrant another $30 added to the bill. $64 is plenty for internet a month!

Reaction score
To whoever gave me negative rep about my internet speed and wrote

"Absolutely abnoxious. Try contributing (for once).":

I apologize.
Actually i'm not sorry at all,
But im just sorry people can't see the lighter side of some things.
I guess next time someone wants to know the internet speeds of others-i'll just keep on scrolling by (at dial up speeds :D)
Loosen up-life is too short to care what others think.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
I've used sat-internet before. Download speeds are great, but uploads are slower than dial-up, and there is a slight, but noticable delay between the time you click a link, and the time it starts to load.

Thanks for the info!
That is interesting how upload speeds can be even SLOWER than dial up, apparently its POSSIBLE! Wow! :D
But i do mostly downloading, not much uploading. So i guess its not a big deal. I do hope we end up getting this, i mean $49 a month is a bad price, but i'm not sure what normal DSL prices are either so i don't really have much to compare to.

I had a dream I had DSL recently......and then kermit the frog walked into my room while i was on MF and said "You wish Tanner" and slapped me and i woke up.
lol.
Don't know what to make of that.........since when was Kermit the frog evil in dreams? But he is right-i do wish. The dream was nice while it lasted.......:D Good day.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
cwa - i had digital phone for a bit, but it was just to expensive to keep. now just the internet modem and digital cable/dvr. oh and two TVs that still just hook up tp the coax (no box).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2.6, 4GB, 200 GB, Hi-Res Glossy
Oops.. see below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.