internet cable keeps falling out macbook

Reaction score
so my internet cable keeps falling out my macbook, do i need a special smaller sized one or something? any recommendations? this is quite annoying because my internet cable runs under carpets, so is there an adapter? im currently unable to get on my wireless internet so this is an issue for now :(

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
The end of your cable is either faulty or your macbook plug is. Hopefully it is the cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'll third that also. Since your cable runs under the carpet, you may want to consider picking up a repair kit rather than trying to re-run a new one. You basically get a pack of new end-pieces with the clips and a crimping tool designed to press it together on the wires properly.

OP
I
Reaction score
hmm well, the cable works fine on my computer, also the left of the macbook seems sorta... loose.. like it makes a little noise and i can press it in by about half a mm with a soft push.. is that normal? or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
hmm well, the cable works fine on my computer, also the left of the macbook seems sorta... loose.. like it makes a little noise and i can press it in by about half a mm with a soft push.. is that normal? or not?

Uh... NOT! Sounds like you found the problem.

OP
I
Reaction score
ah :(.

I haven't had it 14 days yet, only 3 days, so i think they can replace/repair it, i just hope they don't think i did it myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
ah :(.

I haven't had it 14 days yet, only 3 days, so i think they can replace/repair it, i just hope they don't think i did it myself.

go in, tell them to replace it.

why mess with a repair on a 3 day old machine? no way.

OP
I
Reaction score
I ordered it online, the closest Apple Store is about 1hr 30minutes away, maybe I could convince my dad to take me to the apple store, would they still replace if i didnt buy it there?

Reaction score
yes they will fix it at ANY apple store. you may want to check for an authorized applecare service provider closer to you. My closest apple store's 2 hours away but the service tech's only 15 min.

OP
I
Reaction score
yes they will fix it at ANY apple store. you may want to check for an authorized applecare service provider closer to you. My closest apple store's 2 hours away but the service tech's only 15 min.

oh? is there a site anywhere to find out the closest? im in the UK by the way

OP
I
Reaction score
I just called apple for 25 minutes to a complete idiot who obviously barely knows english, and he tried to connect me to someone else (FOR THE SECOND TIME) and i got cut off.. great, big phone bill. stupid apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.