CAn't print to one Windows Printer

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm having a problem with my MacBook (running Leopard) connecting to the printers on my Windows XP Home network. I have two shared printers on the network, one is a Brother MFC 7820 printer that I have no problems connecting or printing to.

The second printer is a Kodak 5300 Inkjet printer. The MacBook recognizes that the printer is on the network and will let me set up the printer settings on that printer. I downloaded the Mac Drivers for it from Kodak and those do show up when I set up the printer.

However, when I try to print to that printer, using the Kodak or Postscript drivers I get an error message on the MacBook that the printer is not connected.

I've changed the shared name on the Kodak so that there are no spaces in the shared name, as I saw suggested on one message board, but I still get the same error message.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my Leopard Mac to print to this shared printer?

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.